This month’s theme was “Ace-ing it up Offline“, about asexuality in the physical world.
- Ettina at Abnormal Diversity writes I Finally Have Queer Friends about making friends at Pride.
- Lib at A³ talks about some Barriers to Off-line Ace Meetups that they’ve encountered.
- Sara K. at the notes which do not fit discusses leading ace walks.
- Chris at Wish-ful Thinking talks about discovering asexuality, coming out, and what they’ve learned along the way.
- Elizabeth at Prismatic Entanglements wrote about The Implausibility of Offline Meetups, and Idle Dreams for the Future
- Isaac at mundo heterogéneo discusses Meetups.
- C. submitted an entry about marching in LA area events.
- Ace Toronto put up a set of pictures of local ace events.
- And the Ace Pride Toronto marching group put up photos of marching in Pride Toronto, including some links to outside media where the group appeared.
- luvtheheaven wrote about meeting other aces and off-line activism work.
- Patience talks about the difficulty of being casually ace.
- I wrote some Thoughts on a Parade, about my experience at the 2017 SF Pride Parade.
- I also put up a photo gallery of my Subtle Everyday Aceness.
Huge thank you to everyone who submitted this month!
The Carnival of Aces is a long-running monthly asexuality-themed blogging event, run by The Asexual Agenda. The August Carnival theme is “Asexuality and Academia“, and is being hosted by Asexual Research. Go check it out!